Skip to content

Gone Questin’

April 24, 2009


With six episodes under my belt, and approximately twenty pages to go, things are moving along with the webseries. Working on a budget of ‘whatever we’re willing to part with from our checking accounts,’ I’ve already recruited my cousin the photographer to do the ‘promo’ shots, as well as some photos we’re going to need of one of the characters. Hopefully we’ll be moving into the production stage soon; for the first time I’m actually looking forward to having my picture taken.

One of the nicest things about writing your own webseries is that you don’t have to worry about strict formatting. There isn’t an industry-set format for the web, as far as I know, and the only people who will see the script probably won’t care as long as it’s legible.  I went with a standard one-hour drama template, using act breaks as episode breaks.  For the curious, here’s a screenshot of the opening:


Basically, I described my bedroom.  With a few additions. Fortunately, in writing about geek culture, not only do I and my co-producer have plenty of memorabilia, we also know lots of people with their own collections. Everything I’ve put into the script is something I either own, have access to, or is cheap enough to buy.  I’ve checked with friends before mentioning a prop, just to make sure I could borrow it, learning that lesson after rewriting half the script because my friend didn’t actually own a Vamp-Face Angel puppet like I thought she did.

The ways in which we suffer for our art.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: